Last Updated on February 15, 2023 by Tom
The Best Undercounter Beverage Center Reviews, Tips and Buying Guides
The best undercounter beverage center offers a refrigerator, freezer, wine chiller, and coffee maker all in one. These are perfect for any kitchen!
Undercounter beverage counters are very popular nowadays because they can be used to store and cool any food items as well as drinks and anything you can store in a refrigerator. They are preferred to full-size refrigerators simply due to their compact and less spacious nature. This makes them ideal for a house with a tiny kitchen, and you can conserve more space by integrating these beverage centers around your kitchen cabinets.
It benefits a house with growing children since they can better reach the edibles inside the beverage center. They wouldn’t require adult supervision every time they are hungry or need to snack on something. Whether it’s for your kitchen, bar, or any entertainment section of your house, the best under counter beverage fridge is guaranteed to serve you for a long time.
Top Rated Undercounter Beverage Center Amazon Compared
What is a Beverage center?
A beverage center is an under-counter refrigerator specially designed for the storage of bottled drinks, beverage cans, or wine bottles depending on the owner’s preferences. They can also be used to complement a primary fridge in the kitchen, serving as an extra space for your consumable items.
Reviews of The Best Undercounter Beverage Center on Amazon in 2022
Here are top rated undercounter beverage fridge on the market today.
#1. HomeLabs Undercounter Beverage Center Cooler, Dispenser Machine for Office or Bar
With a 120-can capacity, this beverage refrigerator can store a substantial amount of bottled or canned drinks conveniently. This best undercounter beverage center is 33.3 inches tall with a depth and width of 17.3 and 18.9 inches, respectively. There is a shelving system on the cooler which allows the users to adjust the height of each shelve to accommodate larger items.
The refrigerator can cool down to temperatures as low as 34⁰F. You can adjust the temperature settings using the control panel provided on the body. A thermostat is integrated into its design to restore any preset working temperature when cutting off from a power source.
If you want to buy the best undercounter beverage fridge, you can consider this beverage center as your final choice.
- High-quality construction
- Interior LED light
- Removable shelving system
- Has a reversible door design
- Can reach low temperatures, as low as 34⁰F
- Auto-defrost feature
- Suitable for just drinks and beverages
#2. Danby DBC120BLS 120 Can Beverage Center Stainless Steel
Our next option was designed to arm users with enough space to accommodate at most 120 canned drinks. Quiet and efficient, this beverage center can hold temperatures between 43⁰F to 57⁰F. You can use the digital thermostat on the refrigerator to control the temperature. The beverage center has a stainless steel body with a transparent and tempered glass door that slides open easily.
There is an integrated lock on the body to safeguard the contents of the beverage center against any unauthorized access. A blue LED light is provided on the interior for clear visibility of the contents at all times. Be sure to place the unit in a location where there’s enough airflow for the compressor at its back.
- You can lock up your alcoholic beverages using the integrated lock provided
- Sufficient storage space
- Has a shelving nature
- Convenient thermostat functions are available
- Interior LED light
- Assemble is required for installation
#3. NewAir 126 Can Freestanding Stainless Steel Beverage Fridge
Made by a reputed company, this beverage fridge offers ample storage for storing 126 cans at ice-cold temperatures. You can set the temperature to a point between 34⁰F to 64⁰F according to how cold you prefer your drinks.
There are adjustable shelves in the fridge for storing tall wine bottles or any item that requires a unique shelf height. The best undercounter beverage fridge comes with a stainless steel body and a black finish to give it an elegant appearance.
A unique feature of this model is the mechanical thermostat, which allows you to set your preferred temperature on a scale of 1 to 7. The fridge has a quiet compressor, which produces just about 35 decibels of sound. With a dimension of 18.5 by 18.8 inches and a height of 33 inches, this fridge is more than adequate to cater for beverage needs.
- Easy installation process
- Compact, elegant, and durable build
- Reversible door
- Wide temperature range
- Adjustable shelves
- Complaints of noise emission
#4. Kalamera 15” Beverage Cooler 96-Can Built-In Or Freestanding Beverage Fridge
This high-performance model comes with enough storage capacity to hold up to 96 cans, ideal for small parties hosted right in your house. With a stylish and well-built body, this is just the refrigerator you need to add that touch of class to your home. The model comes with a double-paned glass door to trap air in and keep all parts at a steady temperature.
Some people reported that the Kalamera 15” is the best undercounter beverage fridge.
There are 6 metal shelves you can adjust or remove to fit your drinks properly; the compressor of this model is as quiet as a whisper. The model has a temperature memory function that stores the working temperature, should there be a power outage. You can access temperatures between 38⁰F to 50⁰F, and this is projected on the LCD of the fridge.
- Temperature memory function
- Substantial storage capacity
- Quiet operation
- Has a hexagon-bolt lock
- Inner blue LED lighting
- Lighting doesn’t pass the second row of shelves
#5. Phiestina 15 Inch Undercounter Beverage Center – Glass Door for Soda Beer or Wine
Our next model is the Phiestina 15-inch beverage center that can store up to 96 cans. Functional as both built-in and free-standing, the beverage fridge makes use of an advanced cooling and air circulation system to evenly distribute the preset temperature across all parts of the fridge. This model comes with a digital temperature control panel that can regulate the temperature to any desired value.
You can switch between temperature points from 38⁰F to 50⁰F; there are five removable shelves in the fridge and a tempered glass door with a handle. The model comes with a year’s worth of warranty. An interior blue LED lighting is provided at the top of the fridge.
- Produces low noise
- The door has a handle
- Classy design
- Insulated glass
- Stainless steel construction
- The lighting should have been integrated on the sides
- The light doesn’t reach the lower racks
#6. Vremi Beverage Refrigerator And Cooler
This is a top-quality model on par with some of the best models in terms of features. It is even more affordable than most of them. This model can house up to 130 standard-sized cans with a working temperature range of 32-61⁰F. You have access to three adjustable shelves that can be used to hold your drinks. You can make use of the digital display to monitor the temperature.
This beverage center has a sturdy stainless steel build with a double-paned glass that has a handle on the side. Another feature of this refrigerator is the noiseless technology integrated into the compressor-based cooling system. This allows the model to operate quietly while preventing any hotspots or uneven cooling.
- Can easily house up to 130 cans
- Has a shelving system
- Digital control panel
- Comes with a ‘noiseless’ technology
- Complaints concerning defects have been reported by buyers
#7. NewAir NBC060SS00 Undercounter Beverage Center and Refrigerator
This is another compact and affordable model by NewAir that can hold up 60 cans with a capacity of 1.6 cubic feet. With a minimal size that doesn’t take up too much space, you can make use of this beverage cooler in your office, bar, kitchen, or any desired spot. The double-paned glass door fitted on the stainless steel body keeps the cool air trapped in the refrigerator. The thermostat dial has five options; you can switch between to find the ideal temperature for your drinks.
You can keep your drinks and consumables chilled at temperatures ranging between 34-64⁰F. The noise level of the beverage cooler is quite low with noise emissions of 39 dB; this is possible because of its high-efficiency compressor.
- Produces little to no noise
- Compact and lightweight design
- Sufficient capacity to house 60 cans
- Comes with a digital temperature display
- Tends to overheat
#8. Aobosi 24 Inch Beverage Cooler, Built-in Beverage Refrigerator
When talking about a high-performance beverage cooler, it’s only right to include this model by Aobosi. Integrated with an advanced air-cooling system complemented by the compressor, this is a beverage cooler designed to spread cold air to every part of the fridge. The contents of the cooler can be seen clearly through the transparent double-layer tempered glass.
You can fit up to 164 cans into this refrigerator, a large capacity sufficient for any cooling needs you might require. There are four removable shelves in the fridge; you can adjust them to fit taller drinks. The digital temperature control can be used to set the preferred temperature between 36-50⁰F.
- Very large storage capacity
- Removable shelves
- Has a door alarm that reminds you to close the door
- Capable of circulating cold air evenly
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Relatively expensive
#9. EdgeStar 103 Can and 5 Bottle Supreme Cold Stainless Steel Beverage Cooler
This cooling appliance can function as a beverage cooler and a wine cooler, making it ideal for storing beers, sodas, wines, and any drinkables in the same place. The storage capacity of this model is quite high; you can store up to 103 cans as well as five 750ml bottles.
There are six adjustable shelves you can remove to fit larger items; you can access a temperature range of 30-50⁰F. This can be done using the temperature dial to switch between the five custom settings. There is an integrated safety lock on the door to keep children or any unauthorized intruder from gaining access to the contents.
- Reversible tempered glass door
- Has an integrated safety lock
- Can be used to store up to five wine bottles
- Interior LED light
- Shelves tend to sag when fully loaded with items
#10. Antarctic Star Mini Fridge Cooler Beverage Center Glass Door for Bar
Whether it’s to be used in your bar, office, or home, this model is ideal for keeping your beverages and wines in its optimal state for consumption. The flexible temperature settings can be set to work between 40-61⁰F; the 3-grade control dial is provided to enable this.
You can store up to 60 cans in this beverage cooler, and its compact size ensures convenient installation at any preferred space. The compressor is very powerful and operates with very little noise.
- Overhead LED light
- An air-tight seal keeps the cold air in
- Removable shelves
- Can house up to 60 cans
- Low noise emission
- Not suitable for storing some types of wines
#11. EdgeStar CBR1501SLD 5.49 Cu. Ft. 142-Can Built-In Stainless Steel Beverage Cooler
We conclude our review of the best beverage coolers with the EdgeStar CBR1501SLD; this model has a stylish stainless steel build with a large housing capacity. The beverage cooler can hold about 142 standard cans, enough for large meetings, parties, or gatherings.
You can set your desired working temperature using the digital control panel on the cooler. With the panel, you have control over temperatures ranging between 38-50⁰F. You can make use of the security lock on the body to keep out any intruding hands from reaching into the cooler.
- In-built carbon filter
- LED lighting
- Digital control panel
- Auto-defrost function
- Reversible door
- Doesn’t have a transparent door
How to Choose the Best Undercounter Beverage Center
There are plenty of models in the market you could consider, but recognizing the best models requires you to evaluate and compare each of their critical features. Doing this will help you figure out the best model that suits your needs and budget. Here are some of the features you need to know about.
This represents the cooling system of the beverage center; the efficiency of the fan determines how evenly the temperature is spread across every part of the center. Strive for a model that comes with durable and high-quality fans for cooling the air; they tend to deliver optimum performance for a long period.
Getting a large beverage center is recommended as long as you have enough space for installation. You need to make accurate measurements of the desired spot to ascertain the ideal size of the beverage center. Note that there must be sufficient space on both sides for you to insert and remove the beverage center easily. You can refer to the manufacturer’s instructions and requirements for more guidance on what you need for installation.
The width of beverage centers range between 12 to 36 inches; basic sizes are usually 24 inches deep with a height of 34.5 inches. From the dimensions, you should get an image of how large the capacity of the beverage center will be. Keep an eye out for beverage centers with adjustable shelving heights; this will help you when storing taller containers.
You are bound to come across distinct temperature features on different models but go for a model that offers your preferred temperature settings. Figure out how cold you want your drinks to be and pick a model that can work at that temperature. There are dual-zone beverage centers that have two sections working at different temperatures.
- Level of Operating Noise:
This matters because you might want to place your beverage center in a room where you relax, having to stand constant noise from the center might defeat this purpose. You should consider getting a quiet model that produces minimal noise; however, this doesn’t matter if you intend to place it in a noisy location like the kitchen.
How to Care Wine Cooler
There are different ways on how to care for your wine cooler:
- Keep it clean – this should be part of everyday household cleaning chores but if ever you lack time or simply don’t feel like doing so, at least try to wipe it dry after each use. Leaving leftover moisture can lead into mold formation which brings out a musty smell to your wine.
- Don’t store food on the fridge – if you are concerned about odors being transferred from one type of food to another, place aluminum foil on any shelf where there is a possibility of odor transfer. If ever you do not have this at home, use some newspapers or paper towels.
- Use baking soda – just sprinkle some inside the appliance and let it sit overnight then remove the residue in the morning before using it again for storing wines. This will remove all unpleasant smells that may be hanging around inside your unit while also keeping it smelling fresh every time you put in or take out wine bottles from it.
- Use activated charcoal – mix some in water and leave it overnight inside the unit to absorb any unpleasant smells that may develop over time. Empty the container after removing its contents then rinse with clean water before placing your wines back inside.
- Clean regularly – try to deep clean at least once every 3 months depending on how often you use it or if you notice that there are already signs of mold formation. If ever you find it necessary for more frequent cleaning, do so but make sure to unplug your appliance first before wiping down any portion of its interior. Read the owner’s manual for exact instructions on how to properly do this safely.
- Don’t store wine near an oven – from home appliances such as ovens, microwaves and dishwashers, the heat they generate can cause your wines to age prematurely thus changing its flavor and aroma. Make sure that your wine is always at least 2 inches away from such appliances as well as those cabinets above it.
- Keep out of direct sunlight – light exposure may not affect the taste or quality of your wines but will definitely bring out some maderization which makes it look less attractive to customers.
- Keep away from excess humidity – if you do not own a cellar for storing your wine inventory, make sure that any area inside your house where these units are placed stays away from excess moisture and heat coming from kitchen appliances like dishwasher or even humidifiers. You can also place this inside cabinets on top of your refrigerator where the temperature is just right and it also has a constant humidity level.
- Keep away from any strong smelling foods – for instance, spicy foods like jalapenos can make its way into your wine and even leave its own distinct taste to it. If not removed fast enough, these could become toxic and cause you to become sick when consumed over time.
- Don’t let the shelves stand too close to one another – allow an inch or more of space between each shelf to keep them from touching during the cooling process which could lead to dripping condensation on top of bottles below it. This may seem like an unnecessary step but remember that you want all your wines protected against such conditions as mold formation, shock/ vibration, and any other form of damage that could cause them to age prematurely.
- Don’t keep the door open too long – even if you have a busy restaurant or store, try not to take out wine bottles from their unit more often than necessary as this will only lead into unnecessary temperature fluctuations which could affect its taste. If you do need to access your inventory from time to time, always let it sit for an hour before re-stocking it with wines.
- Have a thermometer inside – take note that there are conditions which require special storage temperatures aside from the usual 50 degrees Fahrenheit recommended by most experts in wine storage. Always make sure that you check the precise requirements needed for your specific type of wines especially those with alcohol levels higher than 14% as these need to be chilled as much as 20 degrees lower than the usual temperature range.
FAQs on best undercounter beverage center
● How Deep Is A Beverage Refrigerator?
This depends on the dimensions or size of the beverage center; large sizes have bigger storage spaces for you to work with.
● What Size Is An Undercounter Fridge?
Again, this varies with each model in the market, and the width ranges between 12 to 36 inches. Not just the width, but the height and depth as well.
● What Is The Difference Between A Beverage Cooler And A Refrigerator?
These two are very different and shouldn’t be used as a substitute for one another. Beverage coolers can’t be used for storing food items like meat, frozen foods, or dairy products because they can’t maintain low temperatures required for food preservation.
● What Is The Best Temperature For A Beverage Fridge?
Setting your working temperature depends on the items you are storing, you can go for a dual-zone beverage fridge if you want to store your drinks at separate temperatures.
As a homeowner, you should think about getting an under-counter beverage center for your living room, bedroom, bar, or kitchen -think of it as an extra storage space for your drinks, which also cools it for smooth consumption.
Again, to get the perfect model for you, decide on the installation space and budget for the beverage center. After this, you can start comparing the models based on the features we provided above. Nevertheless, HomeLabs Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler is our top pick and should suits your needs easily.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope that it helped to answer any questions or concerns you had about the best undercounter beverage centers on the market today, and we wish you luck in your search!