Looking for a bottle of Korean rice wine? Here’s where to find Korean Rice Wine in grocery store! Rice wines are popular in many Asian countries, and Korea is no exception. There are many different types of rice wine, so be sure to do some research before you buy. Some of the most popular brands include Makgeolli and Haeju. Enjoy!
What Is Korean Rice Wine (Makgeolli ) ?
Korean rice wine, also known as makgeolli, is a traditional Korean alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice and water. It has a milky, slightly sweet flavor and a slightly effervescent texture. Makgeolli is usually served in small bowls or cups and is often enjoyed with Korean food such as kimchi or bibimbap. Makgeolli is typically around 6-7% alcohol by volume.
What Is Korean Rice Wine used for?
There are many different ways to use Korean rice wine in recipes. It can be used as a marinade for meats, added to soups or stews, or even used in baking. Here are some recipes that feature Korean rice wine:
1. Braised Beef Short Ribs with Korean Rice Wine: This recipe features short ribs that are braised in a mixture of Korean rice wine, soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic.
2. Spicy Chicken Stew with Korean Rice Wine: This stew is made with chicken thighs, Korean rice wine, gochujang (Korean chili paste), soy sauce, and garlic.
3. Korean Rice Wine Marinated Pork Chops: These pork chops are marinated in a mixture of Korean rice wine, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic before being grilled or baked.
4. Kimchi Fried Rice with Korean Rice Wine: This recipe features kimchi fried rice that is made with Korean rice wine, kimchi, bacon, and eggs.
5. Sweet and Sour Chicken with Korean Rice Wine: This dish is made with chicken thighs that are cooked in a sweet and sour sauce made with Korean rice wine, brown sugar, vinegar, and red pepper flakes.
Where To Find Korean Rice Wine In Grocery Store?
If you’re looking for Korean rice wine, there are a few aisles in the grocery store where you’re likely to find Korean Rice Wine in grocery store. First, check the Asian foods aisle, as many stores carry Korean rice wine in this section. You may also find it in the alcohol aisle, as it is technically a type of liquor. Finally, if your store has an international foods section, that’s another good place to look for Korean rice wine. If you can’t find it in any of these spots, ask a staff member for help.
What Grocery Store Sells Korean Rice Wine (Makgeolli) ?
Here are a few good sites to find Korean Rice Wine in grocery store:
Costco is another great place to buy Korean rice wine. They offer a wide variety of products and they have great prices.
E-Mart is one of the largest discount store chains in Korea and it stocks a good variety of Korean rice wine brands. You can find both, the cheaper and more expensive options here. E-Mart also has a good online presence, so you can order your favorite Korean rice wine from the comfort of your home.
Lotte Mart is another large discount store chain in Korea and it too stocks a good variety of Korean rice wine brands. Like E-Mart, Lotte Mart also has a good online presence, so you can order your favorite Korean rice wine from the comfort of your home.
H Mart is a chain of Korean supermarkets that can be found all over the United States. In addition to a wide selection of Korean groceries, they also sell soju. H Mart typically carries Chamisul, Jinro, and Good Day brands.
Koryo Market is yet another fantastic option for finding soju in NYC. They have a wide selection of Korean groceries as well as alcohol. Soju brands carried at Koryo include Chamisul, Jinro, and Good Day.
Korea Hana Supermarket
Korea Hana Supermarket is one of the best stores in New York City to buy Korean rice wine. They offer a wide variety of brands and types of rice wine, so you’re sure to find the perfect one for your needs. They also have a knowledgeable staff that can help you choose the right wine for your meal.
Queens K-town Bodega
Queens K-town Bodega is another great option for buying Korean rice wine in NYC. They offer a wide selection of wines, as well as other Korean grocery items. The staff is also very helpful and can assist you with choosing the right wine for your meal.
Korea Market is another great option for finding Korean rice wine in NYC. This market specializes in Korean and Asian food items, so you’re sure to find a good selection of rice wine here.
Union Market is a popular grocery store in Brooklyn that carries a wide variety of international foods, including Korean rice wine. If you’re looking for a particular brand or type of Korean rice wine, this is a great place to start your search.
Koryo Liquor Store
Koryo Liquor Store is a Korean liquor store in Queens that offers a wide selection of Korean rice wine. You can find many different brands and types of Korean rice wine at Koryo, so it’s a great place to start your search for the perfect bottle.
Where To Buy The Korean Rice Wine Near Me?
If you’re looking for delicious and authentic Korean rice wine, then you’ll want to head to your nearest Korean market. There, you’ll be able to find a variety of different brands and styles of this traditional beverage. However, if you don’t have access to a Korean market, don’t worry – there are still plenty of ways to get your hands on some delicious rice wine.
One choice is to get it from a reliable retailer online. You can be certain that you’re getting a high-quality good with this method. Another option is to ask your local Asian grocery store if they carry any Korean rice wine. They may not have as wide of a selection as a Korean market would, but they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Common Types Of The Korean Rice Wine – Makgeolli
There are many different types of Korean rice wine, each with its own distinct flavor and purpose. The most common types are:
This type of rice wine is light and clear, with a slightly sweet taste. It is often used in cooking or as a refreshing beverage.
A milky white rice wine, makgeolli is slightly sweet and acidic. It is a popular choice for drinking and can also be used in cooking.
A strong distilled liquor, soju is typically made from wheat or barley. It is clear and has a high alcohol content, making it a popular choice for shots or mixed drinks.
A herbal rice wine, Baekseju is brewed with a variety of medicinal herbs. It is said to have health benefits and is often consumed as a tonic.
A sweet and fruity rice wine, Yangju is made by fermenting fruit juices with rice wine. It is a popular choice for dessert or as a refreshing summer drink.
Substitutes for The Korean Rice Wine
Here are some good substitutes for Korean Rice Wine if you don’t find Korean Rice Wine in grocery store:
This Japanese rice wine is a great substitute for Korean rice wine. It has a similar taste and texture, making it a perfect ingredient for many Korean dishes.
This sweet Japanese rice wine is another excellent substitute for Korean rice wine. Mirin adds a touch of sweetness to any dish, making it a perfect addition to many Korean recipes.
3. Cooking wine
If you don’t have either sake or mirin on hand, you can use cooking wine as a substitute for Korean rice wine. Just be sure to adjust the amount of salt in your recipe accordingly.
4. Apple juice
Apple juice can be used in place of rice wine to add sweetness and acidity to a dish. Simply substitute an equal amount of apple juice for the rice wine called for in your recipe.
5. White grape juice
White grape juice can be used as a substitute for rice wine in many Korean dishes. It has a similar sweetness and acidity, making it a good choice for marinades and glazes.
6. Rice vinegar
Rice vinegar can be used in place of rice wine to add acidity to a dish. Simply substitute an equal amount of rice vinegar for the rice wine called for in your recipe.
How To Make Korean Rice Wine At Home?
If you do not find Korean Rice Wine in grocery store, you can make it at home easily. If you want to make your own Korean rice wine at home, it’s actually quite easy to do.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make it:
1. Rinse the rice in cold water several times to remove any dirt or impurities.
2. Soak the rice in clean water for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
3. Drain the soaked rice and add it to a pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain the cooked rice and rinse with cold water.
5. Place the rinsed rice into a clean glass jar or fermentation vessel.
6. Add water, sugar, and yeast culture to the jar, and stir well to combine.
7. Cover the jar with a clean towel or cloth, and set it aside in a warm place to ferment for 7-10 days.
8. After fermentation is complete, strain the rice wine through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
9. Pour the strained rice wine into clean bottles or jars, and store it in a cool, dark place. Enjoy!
Korean Rice Wine Recipe That You Can Try
Here is a detailed recipe that uses Korean rice wine to create a delicious and traditional meal.
- 1 pound of pork loin, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup of Korean rice wine
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1) In a large bowl, combine the pork slices, Korean rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and black pepper.
2) Marinate the pork in the mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
3) Heat a grill or grill pan to a high temperature.
4) Grill the pork slices for 5-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
5) Serve immediately with steamed rice and vegetables. Enjoy! (Other recipe)
FAQS To Find Korean Rice Wine In Grocery Store
Refer to the commonly asked questions below to find Korean Rice Wine in grocery store.
1. How is a Korean rice wine made?
Korean rice wine is made by fermentation of cooked rice with water and yeast. The mixture is then left to ferment for several days or weeks. After fermentation, the rice wine is filtered and bottled.
2. What are the alcohol content and calories in Korean rice wine?
The alcohol content of Korean rice wine ranges from 6-14%. The average calorie content is 50-60 calories per 100ml.
3. What are the health benefits of Korean rice wine?
Korean rice wine is rich in amino acids and vitamins, which are beneficial for the skin. It is also said to help with digestion and promote a healthy appetite.
4. How should I drink Korean rice wine?
Korean rice wine is typically served in small bowls or cups. It can be diluted with water or consumed straight. It can also be used in cooking, for example in marinades or sauces.
5. What are some popular brands of Korean rice wine?
Some popular brands of Korean rice wine include Andong soju, Chamisul, and Hwayo.
If you’re looking for delicious and affordable Korean rice wine, look no further than your local grocery store. We’ve provided a list of the best stores where you can find Korean rice wine in grocery store with the best prices on this popular drink. Be sure to share this blog post with your friends and family so they can enjoy Korea’s national beverage, too! realgastro pub